Marketplace Web Services (MWS) Access Instructions:
Granting access to MWS requires a 1:1 connection between a Seller Account and the Dash Developer Credentials. This is a distinct (and different) authorization process than is utilized for the Amazon Advertising API. To complete the MWS connection for a given seller, the administrator of the account will need to add dash as a ‘developer’ to the Seller Central account, and share with us the ‘Seller ID’ and ‘MWS Auth Token’ that is generated once the connection is established. We use the SellerID and MWS Auth Token credentials within our API calls to access your MWS API and pull your MWS data into your database.
NOTE: Only the ‘Seller Central Account ADMIN’ has the proper permissions to add a developer to the account and will need to add dash directly.
MWS access works on the basis of regions for North America (US, CA, MX), Europe (UK, DE, FR, IT, ES, NL, AE, SA, IN, TR) , and Far East (SG, AU, JP). So, just add dash to each Seller Central account you'd like to include in your db per the instructions below, using the correct Developer credentials for the given Region.
To retrieve your ‘Seller ID’ and ‘MWS Auth Token’ follow these steps:
1. Log into Seller Central using the Admin (Primary) account
2. In the center of the header bar, click “APPS & SERVICES”
3. And then select “MANAGE YOUR APPS”
4. (Note: If you do not see “Apps & Services” or “Manage Your Apps” in your seller central account check under “Settings” through “User Permissions”. Amazon will stage the roll-out of Seller Central updates, and you may be accessing through an older version of the console.)
5. Now, within the ‘Manage your apps’ page, click “AUTHORIZE NEW DEVELOPER”
6. From here, enter “dash” as the ‘Developer Name’
7. For the ‘Developer ID’, Amazon assigns developers unique IDs for each region. Based on the account/marketplace you are currently accessing, enter the corresponding ‘Dash Developer ID’. NOTE: to add additional regions, you will need to repeat this process.
a) North America Developer ID: 825138566162
Marketplaces: United States, Canada, Mexico, Brazil
b) Europe Developer ID: 154167466135
Marketplaces: Egypt, France, Germany, India, Italy, Netherlands, Poland, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Sweden, Turkey, United Kingdom, United Arab Emirates (U.A.E.)
c) Far East Developer ID: 136843608984
Marketplaces: Australia, Japan, Singapore
8. Click “NEXT”
9. You’ll be redirected to a confirmation page where you will “CHECK THE BOX” to confirm access and click “NEXT”
10. IMPORTANT: The page will refresh to show your ‘Seller ID’ and our ‘MWS Auth Token’. This is the information we will need.
Copy these two fields and/or take a screenshot for use in the next steps.
How to add your MWS accounts in the dash/PLATFORM
11. For Brands working with a dash Agency Partner: Once you have obtained the Seller ID and MWS Auth Token in the previous step, please send the Seller ID and MWS Auth Token values to your agency. They will then input the credentials into the dash platform so MWS data flow can begin.
12. For dash Customers (Agencies, Brands, and Investors): Once you have received or obtained the Seller ID and MWS Auth Token described in Step #10 above, log into the dash platform and navigate to Account Manager > MWS Merchants per:
13. If the merchant already exists in the MWS Merchants tab, you can simply click 'Activate' next to the merchant record within the region/marketplace you want to activate. Or, if the merchant does not yet exist, just click ‘Add MWS Auth Token’ in the header bar of the table. An input form will appear where you can enter the MWS authentication details:
a. You are then able to name the MWS Merchant account. You can name the account anything you’d like, but we recommend naming it the same as the storefront or brand you’re authenticating for easy tracking.
i. *Note: If the merchant you are activating for MWS was previously added as an Advertising merchant, you will not be able to affect/change the name of the Merchant. We use the merchant name added first, whether by Advertising or MWS activation, to ensure consistency across your advertising and MWS data sets.
b. Choose the region for which you are authenticating the MWS account. The region to select depends on the marketplace(s) you would like to activate where each region is related to multiple marketplaces. If you do not know the region to select, simply pick one and dash will programmatically determine the correct region for which the credentials are authenticated:
iii.Far East (AU/SG/JP)
c. Input the Seller ID in the designated field. Note that the Seller ID value should be 12-14 characters long.
d. Input the MWS Auth Token value in the designated field . Note that the MWS Auth Token value should be 45 characters long
e. Click ‘Add MWS Token’ to complete the process.
14. Once the MWS account is successfully authenticated, dash retrieves the related merchant marketplaces available. You will be brought to the ‘MWS Merchants’ screen filtered to the merchant marketplaces related to the MWS account you authenticated in the previous step. In the MWS Merchants screen, click ‘Activate’ for any of the merchant marketplaces you would like to begin pulling MWS data for. With that, you have successfully activated MWS data pulls and data will begin populating in your database within the next 1-3 hours with initial data. Additional historical orders and inventory data will continue to populate over the next 1-3 days.