Last Updated: November 25th, 2020
- Active "3mo" metric tables implemented to not only increase the speed of new data writes to the db but also provide tables that can be connected to for recent data (month to date + the previous 3 months of data) and faster dashboard loading that doesn't require loading the entire historical data set for a given metric table.
- Google Data Studio templates available for basic MWS and Advertising reporting (to be sent to users separately from a release note).
- MWS data monitoring [11.25.20] - to better track and understand the MWS data delivery, we are implementing monitoring for proactive issue identification and to define the data deliverability schedule
- "campaign_tracking" table added to enable tracking of day over day Daily Budgets by campaign, along with State, ServingStatus, PlacementModifier values, Creative on SB campaigns, Amazon Budget Recommendations, 7 Day Lost Sales, and more.
- Units fields added to metric tables that already use the correct Attribution windows on the basis of MerchantType and CampaignType
- settlements table - [11.25.20 update - currently exploring the raw data available for the Settlements report via the MWS API, scoping table next ] per the below note, we would like to incorporate the settlements (financial) data available to better report profitability and support Amazon P&L building. We will look to build a standalone table that may replace the item profitability table mentioned below.
- "mws items profitability" - [11.6.20 update - looking for alternative fees data as the estimated fees can be different than what gets charged. Will likely rely on settlements data, which will require some additional time to integrate.] A metric table intended to show revenue and cost fields for a given ASIN on the daily level across advertising and mws data for ASIN-level profitability calculations including revenue, fba fees, ad spend and ad sales, item costs/cogs, and more.
- mws uploader for key item data points - releasing an Uploader template that allows users to upload data points for each item in the mws_items table including ItemCost (COGS), ItemGlobalCost (for unified COGS), ItemInboundCost (Landed to Amazon costs), ShippingCost (for merchant fulfilled items), Brand, LeadTime, ParentASIN, and ItemGroup labels for enhanced analytics capabilities.
- "mws inventory fba estimated fees" - FBA and Referral estimated fees for all Amazon fulfilled SKUs. Used for projections of profitability, settlements data to be used for true profitability accounting.
- "mws inventory metric" - Includes inventory on hand (historical and daily updated), weeks of cover, and other tasty data points
- "IsRepeatCustomer" field - Added to the mws-orders-list and mws-orders-metric tables. With a field value of 1 = Repeat and 0 = New for all shipped orders, you can use the field to segment new vs. repeat customer purchases down to the ASIN level (via mws_orders_metric). The field allows us to calculate things like AOV by new vs. repeat, LTV of new vs. repeat, Product purchase behavior by new vs. repeat, and Revenue by new vs. repeat. Here's a sample of some of the metrics I'm working on in a template GDS report:
- initial mws tables - mws orders list, mws orders metric, mws items
- MWS additional data tables - Customers, Feedback, Settlements, and Returns
- Addition of DSP data - DSP data is now available in the API. We will attempt to add this data to the data tables as a supplemental data source. If you have any accounts that you'd like us to test with, please let us know as we are looking for accounts that we can use to validate the data pulls.
- Adding Active metric tables - as the table data grows larger, we will create new "active" metric tables to improve processing and load times of the tables. The current metric data tables will be unchanged and can continue to be referenced. The "active" tables will include month to date data + the 3 previous months' of data for easy and lighter weight reporting. Since the active tables will not include all historical data, they should load relatively more quickly in reporting platforms such as Google Data Studio and Tableau.
- Addition of Amazon Attribution data - Amazon announced on August 25th, 2020 that Attribution program data will be available in the Advertising API for US and UK marketplaces sometime in September. If you have an Attribution account that you would like the data for and we could potentially test the data with, please let us know!
- Read Replicas - in September/October, we will also be migrating to a read replica architecture. Nothing will change for you if you have switched over to the "db.mydashapplications.studio" hostname for your db references.
- Sponsored Brands Video data added for campaign, ad group, and keyword + search term record and metric tables. Currently available for the US and CA marketplaces only.
- Sponsored Display Product Targeting data available for additional marketplaces including UK, FR, ES, IT, DE, AE, and JP.
- API pull optimizations to implement retry and back-off mechanisms.
[9.14.20] - Admin
- IP allowlist - an IP address allowlist will be implemented on September 14th, 2020, effectively blocking any unauthorized IP's from accessing the databases
[8.20.20] - Advertising Data
- Currency Conversion record and metric tables available for use in currency conversion equations. We will update the record table every week day for all major currencies and marketplaces and will update the metric table once per week for historical currency exchange rate reference.
- Sponsored Display product targeting (tactic T00020) data available in campaignmetric, adgroupmetric, productadmetric, keywordtargetingmetric. This data is being added to accompany the already available Sponsored Display remarketing (tactic remarketing) data available in the campaignmetric, adgroupmetric, and productadmetric tables (no keywordtargetingmetric data available for the remarketing tactic)
- Sales and Orders fields added to all metric tables that automatically populate with the correct sales and orders values for the given attribution window on the basis of ad type and seller/vendor status. Basically, this means you will never have to write another case statement to get the correct ad sales and orders numbers pulled into your reports. No more wrangling "AttributedSales7day" vs. "AttributedSales14day" again!
- Sponsored Products product targeting and Sponsored Display remarketing data available in asinmetric to accompany the Sponsored Products keyword targeting data already available.
[7.13.20] - MWS data (Beta)
- MWS for Seller Central orders and product catalog data (initially released) available via the mws_orders_metric, mws_orders_list, and mws_items tables